**Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we list our top 10 book-related things.**
1) The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzzane Collins – Back in 2011 a friend of mine who worked at Starbucks was reading this book, she was so invested in it. She was surprised I wasn’t reading it, and even after she explained what it was about I never felt the urge to read it. Fast forward a couple of years and not much has changed…oh, and I also haven’t watched any of the movies.
2) Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth – I have all three books in ebook format, and I even own a physical copy of Insurgent, and nope I haven’t seen the movies!
3) The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare – Yea…I don’t know about this series. My mom bought me a boxset of the first 3 books and not once have I ever picked it up.
4) Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi – Yet another one that I own but haven’t read. I know I won’t get to it this year, maybe in 2016!
5) The Mara Dyer trilogy by Michelle Hodkin – I seem to have a theme of books I own but haven’t read. I own the first two books in paperback and I’m patiently waiting for the third one to be released in paperback so they’ll match. I DO plan on reading this trilogy! I just want to have all three books so I can binge read.
6) Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell – So, I own it but haven’t read it yet! It’s on my 2015 list of books to read this year so I feel like it will finally happen! I mean, I only just read Fangirl last year.
7) Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson – I sometimes find adult fantasy to be intimidating. Last year I picked up The Emperor’s Soul from the library so that I could test out his writing style and see if it was one I would enjoy. I ended up loving it! It instantly became a favourite and now I’m not so nervous to buy this series.
8) The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey – I like to sometimes call this “the book that shall not be named”. I bought and started reading this back in 2013. However, this book was the book that put me in my first reading slump, EVER. I stopped around page 215.
9) The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater – Another one I actually started reading last year, but I stopped at page 235/416. I’m in no rush to catch up since The Raven King has been pushed back to March 2016!
10) The Fault in Our Stars – Now I have a legit reason why I haven’t FINISHED reading this. I was sitting on the subway reading this when a girl came up and asked me how far in I was, I told her the exact part I was at. And what did she do? Spoil the ending. Haven’t picked it back up since 2013 and I haven’t seen the movie.
Are any of these are your list? Please leave comments & links to your Top Ten below :).