It’s Sunday, which means another day for a guest post! The 2015 Summer Blogger Promo Tour is hosted by The Book Bratz. A huge thank you to both Amber & Jessica for organizing and hosting this promo tour! For more information about the Summer Blogger Promo Tour click here. If you would like to see who’s up next on my SBPT schedule be sure to click here!
Today’s SBPT guest post features Carlisa from Confessions of Carlisa!
Today I’m going to be talking about my bookish bucket-list, or the things that hopefully someday will happen in my life (*fingers crossed*).
- Read Gone with the Wind. I’ve always had the desire to do this. I’ve heard it’s a beautiful story with beautiful characters that I think I would actually thoroughly enjoy. Despite this…it’s huge. Like 1,200 pages. The only other book that I’ve read that’s comparable is Les Mis and it took me over a month of dedicated reading to get through that sucker. SO. I’m going to read GwtW someday…but it might have to wait until college isn’t a hindrance.
- Meet J.K. Rowling. Wouldn’t this be so cool? I’ve never really heard of her making appearances in many places so I don’t know how plausible this one is…but oh well, I’m putting it up here anyways.
- Go to BEA. I’m a new book blogger (relatively) so BEA is something I wasn’t even aware of until this past year. BUT next year it’s in Chicago, only three-ish hours from where my parents live…so if all works out, I hopefully will be able to attend.
- Read the books on my TBR. So many books, so little time. I have over 200 books on my TBR right now…and for every book I read I probably add at least 2 or 3 more books on the list. So no bueno. But it’s okay because I’ll never not have something to read and that’s good, right?
- Go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. So this one is kind of cheating because I’ve already been there. But that was before they added Diagon Alley and so now I must go back, obviously. I remember back then telling my friend that they should have Diagon Alley and make Gringotts a rollercoaster AND THEY DID. So obviously someone heard me and used my idea (because I had to have been the only person to come up with that brilliant idea *sarcasm*) and it happened! And now I’m itching to go back and drink more butterbeer.
- Go to England to see bookish things. Like the Globe Theater where Shakespeare’s plays were performed. Or Jane Austen’s home or the places her books are set. Or just Ireland and England and Scotland and Wales in general. TAKE ME THERE, I beg of you.
So that’s all! I hope I can someday accomplish all of these tasks (J.K. if you’re reading this, please come meet me). What bookish items do you have on your bucket-list?
Thanks Patty for having me!
Hi! I’m Carlisa from Confessions of Carlisa! I’m a 20-year-old student studying the thing I love most: words. Aka English. For as long as I can remember, I’ve always had my nose in a book and my blog gives me a place to freak out or rant about or fangirl over bookish things with people who feel the same way about books that I do. And that’s wonderful. I’m a Parks and Rec enthusiast, a lover of the written word, and an unashamed nerd. So, yeah, that’s me!
Thanks so much Carlisa for sharing your bookish bucket list! Are any of these on your bookish bucket list? I know all of these are on my all-time bookish bucket list minus Gone with the Wind. I’m actually planning on attending BEA 2016! Ps. It’s going to be in Chicago this time. Be sure to leave them some love & suggestions below!
Also, be sure to check back for the next SBPT guest post on August 23rd, 2015!
Until next time bibliophiles,